Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I Swear I'll Post Soon...

Expect the second part of my Pistons offseason breakdown tomorrow...there's so many rumors and wild speculations flying around and I'm trying to compile and make sense of all of them. To hold you over (as I'm sure you're really anticipating my post) here's two articles regarding the offseason:

McDyess, Murray Want to Stay Pistons (Detroit News) - This is found surprising, to say the least. I expected McDyess to at least test the free agent market in search of a championship contender. Murray I had written off as completely gone. However, this is great news for the Pistons bench next year. McDyess has been a steady contributor and great sixth man, as well as a leader in the locker room. Murray fell out of the rotation (inexplicably, in my opinion) late in the season, but I think he's the scoring threat Detroit needs off the bench, and he's one of the few current Pistons with the ability to create his own shot off the dribble.

Further rumors and speculation coming tomorrow...

Saunders Will Stay As Pistons Coach
(Detroit News) - This is going to cause a certain amount of discontent among Pistons fans, many of whom believe Saunders should have been fired after being outcoached by Mike Brown (who is certainly not to be confused with Larry Brown) in the Conference Finals. However, owner Bill Davidson didn't seem to pleased with the possibility of paying the balance of another fired coach's contract, and there aren't that many viable candidates out there to hire. Keeping Saunders, who has repeatedly butted heads with Rasheed Wallace, leads me to believe it is likely that Sheed has played his last game in a Piston uniform.

Further rumors and speculation tomorrow...

No comments: