Friday, April 6, 2007

Welcome

I am one of those guys.

You know, the ones who argue for hours on end about anything and everything sports, no matter how trivial or relevant. I am currently in the midst of an argument with my good friend as to whether or not Dice-K threw the mystical gyroball pitch last night (I firmly contend he did not...why waste such a good pitch on the Royals?). My dorm room television may as well have 3 channels: ESPN, ESPN2 and FSN. I bleed some strange combination of Maize & Blue, Tiger Blue, Blue and Red, R
ed Wings Red, and, sadly, even a little Honolulu Blue. I skip class to see the Tigers raise their American League Championship banner, and try not to go out on weekends until after the final horn of the Pistons game. A Red Wings championship banner hangs not only in Joe Louis Arena, but in my bedroom at home.

Yes, I have an unhealthy obsession with spor
ts. In the coming days, months, and hopefully even years, I will share with you my insights on baseball, football, basketball, hockey, and whatever else may be the big story of the day. And in celebration of the newborn season, I will leave you will a little baseball love courtesy of Jay Buhner (and Deadspin, the greatest sports blog on the planet).


No comments: