Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Your Detroit Athlete of the Decade Is...

Photobucket

...Nicklas Lidstrom, with a 73%-27% victory over Pistons guard Chauncey Billups in the finals.

I'd like to thank all the bloggers who helped me out with the tournament: Dave from Gorilla Crouch (Lidstrom), our very own Sam Weiss (Billups), Big Al from the SideLion Report (Jason Hanson), Blake from Spot Starters (Magglio Ordonez), Natalie from Need4Sheed (Ben Wallace), and Christy from Behind the Jersey (Steve Yzerman).

I must say, I couldn't agree more with the results of the tournament. All of the athletes nominated are tremendous athletes who have represented the city of Detroit well. However, Lidstrom, with his unbelievable statistics, four Stanley Cups, and absolute dominance of his position, stands just above anyone else who has played in Detroit the last decade.

I will say no more. Here's five minutes of Lidstrom homage, YouTube-style.




No comments: