Today's nuggets of interest: Arrington signed, one less Pistons free agent target, and more.
- Former Michigan WR Adrian Arrington, the star of Michigan's Capital One Bowl victory over Florida last season, was signed by the New Orleans Saints yesterday. Arrington, the Saints' seventh round pick this year, earned a three year contract after impressing the Saints' staff during offseason workouts.
- Utah Jazz guard CJ Miles, who was rumored to be one of Joe Dumars' free agent targets, signed a 4-year, $15 million contract with Oklahoma City. Cross another potential Piston off the list.
- The Pistons finished off their Summer League schedule by beating the Bobcats, 78-67. Rodney Stuckey did not play again, and Will Bynum led Detroit with 16 points, 3 assists and 2 steals. MLive's Full Court Press has a recap, as well as a complete breakdown of the Pistons' summer league performance.
- Via the Pride of Detroit, the Lions may be interested in signing LB Takeo Spikes, who was released by the Eagles this offseason.
- If true, this is just fucked up. What Rhodes Scholar decided it was a brilliant idea to give China the Olympics again?